Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

Follow up care

<< < (2/2)

Orchidlady:
Make sure you fully understand the the check backs and also who is paying for it. In our case, my husband was under my insurance, and my surgery and follow up was covered by his ESRD Medicare which we had as secondary. Medicare paid for the two week check up and a 4 month out blood work to use as a baseline - period. In fact they specifically told me the window in which I was to get the bloodwork, because if I went past that time Medicare would not pay for it. They did advise my doctor the blood work that is to be run annually, and a copy is to be sent to the transplant center so they can keep it and track it. However, it is my own insurance that pays for that. When the donor is under private insurance of the recipient, I think it is much easier to fudge in a few more paid check ups for the donor. Not the case with Medicare.

jstx:
Thanks for the info everyone.

And Sherri, I doubt she likes me better...my mom just gives me a hard time because she was always visiting and calling.  Good to know she's on top of things and is quick to return calls/emails for everyone.  She does say that she loves working with her patients-they are heros!  I thought that was sweet.....I think you are probably right about her thinking the patient shouldn't worry and the professionals should be the ones to take care of the details (remember how long she's been in nursing)...not saying I agree with that at all-I want copies of all my number and want my personal doctor to have all the info as well...I'm still trying to learn what all the numbers mean and the important targets to watch.  But that may just be what she's used to and the only way she knows how to operate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version