Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

Naming my kidney :)

(1/4) > >>

GuitarGirl4Gsus:
My recipient named his new kidney I get to give him April11th. He named named her "Faith",because by faith we are believing this is teh lady kidney he will ever need :) any of you or your love ones name your kidney ?

Amberwoo:
blah I wish people had responded.  It might sound weird but I am donating my kidney on Thursday and I think it would be fun to name the kidney and I was looking for ideas of what others may have named theirs.  I'm thinking something gender neutral because its going from a female to a male (not that that matters at all but in naming it may) haha.

poodles:
Never though of naming mine but it's a great idea!

I did arrange for one of the operating room crew, a student who would not be actively participating, to take a photo of my kidney after it had been removed. You will have to supply your own camera. As I write this wondering how/if it was sterilized.

Faith is a lovely name. A flower would be a good name too.

Clark:
My recipient is female but calls her gift from me "Little Johnny", or, last week on our 11th kidneyversary, "your little boy." (My first name is John, not Clark.) I wouldn't have chosen either, or to name it at all, but to each their own. Best wishes.

elephant:
Dear GG4G,

Never crossed my mind.  But I have taken to calling my Dad "Kidney" sometimes instead of "Daddy". 
I hope your recipient has many happy years with Faith.

Love, elephant

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version