Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

Still extremely tired 4 years after kidney donation

<< < (2/3) > >>

sherri:
Vitamin D deficiency may also contribute to fatigue. The kidneys do a lot more than just clear waste. not sure how it is in Holland but here in the States there are no organized long term data bases to follow donors more than 2 years. there are retrospective studies (meaning they look back at available data) but that often is left with gaps. perhaps try a different doctor who is more willing to look into your symptoms. If possible maybe a good nephrologist or endocrinologist who is willing to take the time and listen. not sure what type of health system you have where you are.

so sorry to hear of your complications. There is a facebook group living donors with complications and many on that site have reported fatigue as a side effect from having one kidney.

best of luck to you and hope you get some answers.

Sherri

Fr Pat:
Yes, I have read that we kidney donors tend toward deficiency in both Vitamin D and Vitamin B-12, even with good nutrition and sunshine. I take a small daily supplement of both. Probably would be worth trying.

redutch:
Ok, I've been to the doctor again, now everything in my blood is being checked. I've also contacted the nephrologist in the hospital, perhaps he knows what to do or what to look for. Fingers crossed they find something...

Michael:
I'm hoping you get an answer!

redutch:
Alright, I've got the results of the doctor which didn't show any bad signs. I've asked for the vitamine d value, and it was 54 nmol/l. They said that this value is good and can't be the cause of fatigue. I've also contacted the kidney donation department at the hospital where the surgery took place. They said they couldn't do anything for me unless I show signs of kidney failure and say it is probably a mental issue. Very helpful....

I think I'm going to look for a second opinion at another doctor, perhaps they look at it differently and have some ideas of what to do next.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version