Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

The results are in...

<< < (2/2)

PhilHoover:
so keep us updated, please.

upnover:
Hey Jewels,

Awesome you are at the top of the list! Your recipient should be so lucky to have choices. Some dont and have to wait for the deceased donor. I donated June 7th which seems so long ago already. It never really hit me till the day before when we went through the admission process at the hospital, watched the videos, talked with the anesteologist etc. I realized then what I had committed to. I also met my recipient at the lab that day and we had a great talk. We do know each other well anyway as he is my wifes cousins, husband. He was so excited and positive it has hard not to be infected with the enthusiasm. That afternoon at home is where I had a bit of an emotional meltdown. Many people phoned to say they were praying for both of us. I also phoned a friend who prayed with me on the phone and what a difference that made. The support I had was un- believable. My wife was my earthly rock to help get me through. I trust you have a great support group to help you on this journey.
My thoughts are with you. :) :)

PhilHoover:
Let us know what, when, and where....

Jewels:
Hi Phil...one month from today I will be donating to my sister...July 15. I am very anxious to be on the other side of this...It has been on the fore-front of my mind since I started testing in January!  Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit...

Thanks to all for so much support and guidance!

Julie

PhilHoover:
HOW absolutely wonderful!   What can we do for you, between now and then?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version