Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

3 days countdown

(1/5) > >>

upnover:
Well, today was my last day at work, It felt like I was retiring. Packed up my desk, took some work home and did the voice mail, out of office assistant thing. I have 3 days to go till Tuesday morning when the surgery takes place. Now they want me to do a last minute west nile virus test. Oh well whatever it takes. It still hasnt really set in yet. I'll go in healthy and come out 1/2 a pound lighter:). People ask me what to expect. I cant answer, I havent done this before.

I'll try and get back on here when I get out of the hospital and let you all know how it went.

APV:
Best wishes to you!
 I will be donating a kidney to my husband a week from today and I can no longer sleep with excitement, anxiety, anticipation, nervousness, joy.... every emotion one can experience.  All emotions except doubt!   We had our pre-op appointment today too.   Let us know how you keep yourself occupied and relaxed in the next couple of days before your surgery.   

Angelica

Scott337:
Just know we will all be thinking about you while you're going through the process.  Thanks for being so courageous and giving such a selfless gift.  I haven't heard your story yet, but know what you're doing is precious and life changing...for your recipient and for YOU.  Good luck and please let us know how you're doing!

Scott 8)

twinkie:
Upandover and Angelica, I too, will be donating to my best friend's father next week, Thursday June 9th.  I am so excited with every emotion except doubt too...  I will be praying for you both and I can't wait to be able to share our stories when we are on the road to recovery.    God bless you both and lot's of healing hugs coming your way to you and our recipients.
Hugs, Lisa/Twinkie

Orchidlady:
Next week sounds like a big one for everybody!
Best of luck to all!
May your dreams be sweet and your recovery quick!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version