Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

3 days countdown

<< < (2/5) > >>

shelley:
Gosh!  Lisa, Angelica, Upnover....you'll be on my heart next week.  I do want to know what you all do to wile away the time trying to keep your blood pressure down!

twinkie:
Hey Shelly, I have to tell you that I am constantly listening to praise and worship music.  I love to run, so that is my time to just be still and Listen to the Lord.  Well, not be still physically since I am running but in my spirit.  I have the best runs and times alone with the Lord, especially these days.  He knows my heart and what I am thinking at all times, so I try not to be anxious about anything but in prayer for all things.. Phil 4:6...   

To be honest if I didn't have Christ in my life, my rock, I know that I would be a basket case.  I know that he is the mighty physician and no matter what happens, that he is in control of ALL things..

You asked how I am handling the waiting, so I hope I have helped shed some light for you in anyway.

God Bless you all, Lisa/Twinkie

Aries7:
Wow! Next week sure will be a busy week for everyone! Best of luck to you Upnover, as well as to you Angelica and you Lisa! Please know that all of us here will be keeping all three of you, and your recipients, in our thoughts and prayers. You are each about to embark on such a life changing experience.

Upnover, I remember my last day at work before the surgery. I remember thinking, "Well, this is it. I am leaving here with 2 kidneys, and God willing, when I return in a few weeks, I will only have one!" (I am not sure how many people usually leave with thinking THAT on a daily basis.....lo)  ;)

Please do update us as soon as you are able to. God Bless!

Linda

shelley:
Lisa, I hear you about Philippians 4:6.  And one that really calms me believe it or not is Romans 14:8.  check it and see if you can relate...

Fr Pat:
     Might be a great time to start a little written/recorded journal of your donation experience. The before-during-after narration  might be very helpful to share in the future with potential donors.
       best wishes,
     Fr. Pat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version