Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

Invitation to publish your story about living donation

<< < (2/3) > >>

valentine:
I also would be interested in telling my kidney donation story. Mine took place in 1988 and was donated to my then 14-year-old daughter. She passed away in 2009.
Summaries you are accepting:  just a brief little story kind of outlining the donation time and what has happened since?

Cynthia:
Unfortunately, my narrative was turned down for this special edition.

I'm really disappointed.

I hope others have better luck!

sherri:
Cynthia,

Sorry to hear your story was turned down. Hard to know what they are looking for. Did you submit to the journal or to the person who advertised on here? I was also thinking of submitting. I am trying to focus on just a few of the aspects of my donation and not sure how to write it.

Sherri

Cynthia:
Yes. I did submit it through the above posting.

If you click on the link you'll get clear guidelines on what to do and how to approach your narrative.

You may want to check first, though, to see if the journal is still accepting submissions.

lawphi:
I am actually donating at John Hopkins on June 20th, if anyone from the journal would be interested in participating in the process and observing first hand. 

I am part of a paired donation chain.  I also wrote an unpublishable law review article regarding religious issues/discrimination in organ donation and economics of living donation.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version