Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

Living Donors Celebration

(1/1)

ohtobeahayes:
Hi friends!
Last night we attended the yearly Living Donors Celebration put on by the University of Minnesota.  Dr. Najarian was there- I don't know if you're familiar with him but he's a Pretty Big Deal in transplant land. I have an autographed copy of his book. It's a pretty awesome read. I also got to meet JUSTME, whose friendship I treasure. Judy- I wish we'd had more time, but at least there's email! Hope you had a safe ride home and fun while you were in town!
It was SO MUCH FUN to be in a room full of donors and recipients.  I teared up numerous times.  Half of our kidney chain made it, fun to see them also!

So for those of you on the road----thank you for your precious gift.  I am blown away by the stories I hear from recipients everytime, about how their lives have been transformed. It's so much bigger than what we can see directly in front of us.

Nicki

Scott337:
Nicki,

I was RSVP to be there at the Radisson on the 12th, but couldn't make it due to my youngest daugther's softball team making regionals for the NCAA in Eau Claire, WI.   It's great to hear it was fun and well attended - I wish I could have been there.  I donated last October through the U of M.  Thanks for the post and thanks for you generous gift.

Scott

Aries7:
Nicki,

That sounds like you had an awesome time and such a wonderful experience! Good for you and thank you so much for sharing! (I am quite certain I would have been pretty teary eyed myself! :)

Scott, I hope your daughter's softball tournament went well. Small world - UWEC is where my Son is attending college! :)

Linda

Scott337:
Thanks Linda - small World indeed - especially after finding this site.  I've been needing to talk to someone post-donation, this site is incredible - what a great relief and release.   ;D

Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version