Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

The results are in...

(1/2) > >>

Jewels:
Well, the CT and nephrologist report are in, the final stage of testing to donate to my sister (adopted) has finally come.  The nephrologist said I was at the top of the charts and "that he has approved a lot of donors less healthy than me" - wow - nice to be so healthy!

Now the waiting game to get approved and set a date.  I will be traveling across the country and have so many people ready and willing to help - we are all waiting for a date!  Like so many of you have said, "transplant" is on my mind ALL the time.  I can't wait to have this be something in my past that I can proudly think about.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with Henry Ford Transplant Center in Detroit?  They have a good reputation locally but would be very interested in some first hand experience.

Have a great weekend everyone!
j

shelley:
Woo Hoo, J!  Congratulations on being so healthy!  I can imagine how excited you feel and how your world's revolving around this momentous upcoming event.  Well done so far!

Aries7:
Congratulations on being so healthy - that is fantastic! It is very normal to have upcoming transplant on your mind pretty much 24/7. I was the same way. I wasn't even nervous or scared for myself. I just wanted to make sure nothing would happen that would prevent or postpone it. I donated to my husband in October 2009. At that time, there were a lot of colds and flu's going around. I was so worried my husband or I would get sick and everything would have to be postponed. By the grace of God, neither of us got sick, nothing went wrong and the surgery happened a planned. It has now been just over 19 months - the time really had flown by!
Before you know it, you will be on here posting and telling all of us how your surgery went, and you will be well on the road to recovery!

Best of luck to you and your Sister. Please keep us updated how you are both doing!

Linda

Jewels:
Thanks Shelley and Linda!  My case is going to the "committee" for approval today!  I am so excited/nervous...everything has fallen into place so perfectly (except for taking a long time) I have a good feeling it will keep going well!  My mom, who passed away 2.5 years ago, always made me feel proud to have 0- blood because I was the universal donor.  I am sure she is glowing to see that I am able to donate to my sister who is adopted!

We are looking for a mid-July surgery date...hopefully I will be posting soon with a confirmed date!

Thanks to all...the encouragement and information on this site is an amazing resource.

Julie

Scott337:
 ;D   Congratulations Julie - We are all so happy for you and your potential recipient.  Strange how life works and the sacrifices that can make a person feel more alive and part of life.  I wish you well and hope you get the news you're looking for, so YOUR JOURNEY can start - I can truly say, like many others on this site, I was never apprehensive, I knew this was something I wanted to do and I never looked back after making my decision (I became more determine as time passed).  I feel both honored and humbled to be a part of their life's story.   I will be sending prayers for your news, your ability to donate and the life you'll make better. 

Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version