Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

Top 5 must bring

(1/3) > >>

Jewels:
Ok - with all the experience out there I would love to hear from you on what items you are SO glad you had with you in the hospital, and what items you wish you would have had...maybe a top 5 list?  I apologize if this topic has been out there before...

Thanks!
Julie

llinton98:
Hi Julie:

I brought much more stuff than I truly needed but here were the things I valued most:

Mp3 player with earbuds - Didn't spend much time listening to music but the earbuds blocked out a lot of noise, which allowed me to nap.

My own pillow from home. I don't sleep well unless I have my own pillow. I used a printed pillowcase so that I would not forget and leave it behind.

A lightweight robe for strolling around the halls.

Big sweatpants - I am ordinarily a size small but I bought a few pairs of large sweatpants knowing that my belly would be sore and swollen for a while.

Slip on sneakers or shoes - so you don't need to bend forward to tie your laces.

Best of luck to you as you move forward in this very exciting journey!

Laura

Prelude_Sarah:
Hey Julie!  Some of my items are the same as Laura's...

1) Light weight robe to walk around in (a true MUST have)
2) My own small, light weight blanket (it was just nice to have something to cuddle with anywhere I went.  It really became my "security blanket")
3) My own pillow from home
4) CHAPSTICK!!!!!!!!
5) Ear plugs (noisy hospital)
6) Hair ties (I have really long hair)
7) Slippers or light duty shoes that are easy to just slip on
8) Baby wipes were nice and refreshing to have around too.  I would get really hot in the hospital bed, and it was nice to have something cool to wipe my face with that was also cleansing

...I'll ponder this and see if I can remember anything else! :)

Sarah

Orchidlady:
I really didn't bring a lot or want for much. Only 1 item glad I brought - my robe to cover my bare butt when walking the halls!
Wish I had brought:
1. Chapstick (seems to top everyone's list!)
2. My own toothbrush (the cheap one they give you sheds bristles!)
3. My inhaler (the breathing tube bothered by asthma and had to wait while they got me one from
      the pharmacy)

upnover:
Definately ear plugs and some nice tunes to listen to. I found a great CD by the Brooklyn Tabernacle choir that made things easier for me. Sweat pants for going home for sure

Oh and just remeber Murphy's law is at the hospital as well. What you need right away will be out of reach! Plus when people come to visit they will move your stuff then forget to put it back. I wished I had one of those grabber deals for picking up garbage.

Good Luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version