| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Chest Pains  (Read 3770 times)

Offline dilouchi

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
Chest Pains
« on: July 07, 2014, 10:00:42 PM »
Hi. my husband donated a kidney back in 2009. Tonight he is having chest pains. He doesn't want to take aspirin because of it being NSAID . Is it safe for him to take baby aspirin just once or twice now? What can he take, that is a safe blood thinner?

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: Chest Pains
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:23:52 AM »
I hope your husband survived the night! Chest pains are a reason to call your primary care physician or 911 right away! Best wishes.
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 05:57:50 PM »
chest pain is actually a reason to call 911. I hope you did. As always one needs always to look at the risk/ benefits of any medication to determine usage. Protecting your lone kidney only to lose heart muscle in the long run may not be the best plan. Best to check with a cardiologist and nephrologist to determine best course of action. Keep us posted. Best of luck to you.

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline HappyMaleDonor

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 11:36:35 AM »
Agree other comments about taking chest pain seriously.
Regarding NSAID like aspirin - what my nephrologist told me is that if Tylenol does not help and i have to take aspirin at times i can occasionally, but don't make it a habit and take it regularly.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional