Living Donation Discussion and News > Living Donation Forum

2007 Altruistic Kidney Donor & Possible 2018 Liver Donor

<< < (3/3)

himer24:
Well, my presentation didnt take place on tuesday because the doctor was doing surgery and had to cancel. They told me it should be this tuesday coming up. It is very difficult waiting for an answer with 2 big families and lots of friends waiting to hear and a girl that is in desperate need of a liver. I will keep updating the progress..

Robert Rice

himer24:
Everything is a go! They want to meet with me and my wife too make sure she will be there for me when i am recovering. I feel surreal  right now. I am so excited and my best friends daughter is relieved. I will keep you all updated.

Robert Rice

elephant:
Wow himer24!  Amazing amazing amazing.  More prayers are being said.  Let us know when you have a date. Love, elephant

I just had my second abdominal surgery to take out an organ, but this was not to donate.  I had to have my whole colon removed.  At home recovering.  I was up and walking the evening after am surgery, and went home after 2 nights. 

KidneyDonor2014:
Hi 2007 Altruistic Kidney Donor & Possible 2018 Liver Donor.  Would you mind sharing where you've been accepted to donate in 2018?  I have just started the process and am finding little info on which transplant centers will accept someone who's donated a kidney to donate a liver lobe.  I too was a stranger donor.  My recipient and I became very close.  She passed on about 4 yrs ago but had a great 9+ years of life after her kidney transplant.  I have thought of donating a lobe of liver for years and am just taking first steps.  Thank you!

himer24:
Sorry for taking so long to reply, my donation center is U.P.M.C. Montefiore in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I am so sorry that your recipient passed on.. God Bless you for doing what you did.. There isn't too many of us walking the earth.. I would love to keep in touch with you. Are you on facebook? My name on there is Himer Rice.. you are awesome for doing what you did..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version