| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Still healthy 18 years after donation  (Read 3752 times)

Offline kjones15528

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
Still healthy 18 years after donation
« on: December 20, 2021, 08:18:38 AM »
Yesterday was the 18th anniversary of my liver donation to a close friend. At 70 years of age, I'm still very healthy and am able to do (and eat!) everything i want to do (and eat!). I mention "eat" because my body absolutely did not like the removal of my gall bladder during my donation surgery, and I had some digestion problems for a few months afterward which finally resolved.

Unfortunately, my recipient died of a heart event two months after our surgeries, and I miss her very much. The anniversaries of the transplant and of her death (on Valentines Day) are still quite emotional days for me.

I hope all of you who are either considering donation or are recovering will have a very happy holiday season and a healthy and happy new year.

Kathryn Jones

P.S. I used to post a lot on this site, and my story is in the story section.

Offline Michael

• Founder of LDO
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online
Re: Still healthy 18 years after donation
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 08:30:31 AM »
Thanks for the update! Happy holidays and happy new year to you!  :D
Michael
Living Donors Online
Our mission: to improve the living donation experience

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 06:29:52 PM »
       Thanks for sharing the news. You might like to post this also at the FaceBook page of "Living Donors on Line" and also of "Living Donor Support Group" as more people use FaceBook now rather than this site, and more Liver-lobe donors and potential donors would read your news there.

Offline mimijill27@gmail.com

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 07:01:46 PM »
Congratulations. I'm 16 years out from my liver donation.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional