| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: 1 Hemoglobin cell in urine  (Read 5307 times)

wendybrando

1 Hemoglobin cell in urine
« on: February 02, 2012, 11:15:19 PM »
I am being tested to be a live kidney donor for a friend. My blood work and creatinine tests have all come back great. Except for one urine test. Both times I have taken it shows 1 hemoglobin cell. I have one more shot at this test before being disqualified. I have heard that excercise can cause this. I go to the gym every day. Any thoughts on how to get past this? I can't be disqualified.  ???

Offline dodger

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: 1 Hemoglobin cell in urine
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 11:59:47 PM »
Sorry no one got back to you yet.  If you stop exercising at least 5 days before testing that should help.  More if you have a very heavy workout daily.  Then, you will just have to know you tried your best.  Be sure you continue to drink at least 2 qts of water, plain, everyday, well my neuphologist said 2 liters.  They are really looking out for your best interest you know if things don't work out for you.  Take care,  Janice
Donated 3/10/11 to my niece at UW Madison, Wi

wendybrando

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 11:09:52 PM »
Thank You- Your words are encouraging.  I know I have to remember they are looking out for me not trying to sabotage my friend. It's hard to get this far only to be told no.

Offline dodger

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 07:57:10 PM »
Hope it all works out for you both.  Let me share my donation story.  I offered to be a donor 10 years ago for my niece who has AgI neropothy.  But a friend offered and they took that one.  Well I said then I would be her ace in the hole if she needed another one.  His blood was a little better match than mine at the time.  4 out of 5 markers.  So then 9 years later she was in need of another transplant.  My daughter offered this time as they are the same age, 35 and I am almost 60.  My daughter was a perfect match!  The final test was the MRI and she was found to have only one kidney!  She has never had an issue and has two children.  Well, we were all devastated to get that news.  Not for the singular kidney, but that here was a perfect match that of course couldn't donate.  So.......it was my turn to be tested again from 9 years before.  I was still in very good health, no meds, no issues at all.  My niece had a blood treatment 3 years earlier that altered her blood enough to be a better match to me this time, 4 out of 5 markers.  So in about a month, all tests were complete and we got scheduled for surgery.  Hopefully my 60 YO kidney will give her as many years of service as her first one, before she is need of another.  Another good thing, this kidney is producing the hormone needed to make red blood cells.  Her other one didn't and she had to get shots for anemia all the time.  So the 60 YO kidney is rockin so far for her. 
Donated 3/10/11 to my niece at UW Madison, Wi

wendybrando

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 01:31:27 PM »
Great story!! Encouraging to know that if I am turned down now there is still hope to help in the future!   ;D

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved