The Living Donor Experience
This is a place where you can view videos and read about the experiences of others who have actually gone through the living donation process.
- Kidney Donation Experiences
- Liver Donation Experiences
- Bone Marrow Donation Experiences
- Lung Donation Experiences
- Donor Videos
Submitting Your Own Story
We’re interested in your experience with living donation! Please share your story with others so we can provide the support to other donors and potential donors through greater understanding.
To submit your written story, send an email to ldostory [at] livingdonorsonline.org and do one of the following:
- Include your story in the body of the email.
- Attach a file containing your story. The file can be an ASCII text, Microsoft Word, PDF, or HTML file.
- Include the URL address (e.g. http://www.yourplace.com/mystory) where we can find your story or blog.
Please also include the date of your donation in the email or in your story.
To submit your video, you can do one of the following:
- Upload your video to YouTube, then send us an email to tell us where to find it. We’ll add it to the LDO Video Channel as a “favorite.”
- Send us an email to let you know you have the video. We’ll reply to work out an arrangement for you to send us the video file. We will then upload the video to the LDO Video Channel.
Thank you for your help in supporting LDO’s goals of education and support!
If you need to learn how to make a video, click here for general instructions.
You can also submit your story to the Rock1Kidney web site here: http://www.rock1kidney.org/share-your-story/