| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: You're Invited: Live Chat on Organ Transplants  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Michael

• Founder of LDO
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online
You're Invited: Live Chat on Organ Transplants
« on: June 19, 2012, 06:47:00 PM »
From the LDO email:

Dear Mr. Murphy, My name is Jane Lee and I'm a reporter with Science magazine. I also help to produce our live chat series - ScienceLive - a weekly discussion on the latest topics in science. We are holding a live chat on the science of organ transplants (http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2012/06/live-chat-the-science-of-organ-t.html) this Thursday, June 21 at 3 pm EDT.

I am trying to promote the chat, and wondered if you would be interested in passing this on to interested folks in your network? Our own Mitch Leslie will be moderating, and our guests include David Cooper of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Vu Nguyen of the University of Chicago. We will be taking questions from readers throughout the hour (this is a text-only chat). People can also leave comments and questions on the page (see link, above) in advance if they like.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Best, Jane
Science writer
Science Office: (202) 326-6627
Email: jlee@aaas.org
1200 New York
Michael
Living Donors Online
Our mission: to improve the living donation experience

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: You're Invited: Live Chat on Organ Transplants
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 03:15:33 PM »
Sorry I missed it. Where's the transcript?
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline Michael

• Founder of LDO
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online
Re: You're Invited: Live Chat on Organ Transplants
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 08:52:35 PM »
Click on the link in my original email and look for what looks like an embedded video just below the invitation description. Hold your cursor over it and it will display the transcript.
Michael
Living Donors Online
Our mission: to improve the living donation experience

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved