| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Random sharp pain  (Read 4154 times)

Donor92

Random sharp pain
« on: April 23, 2016, 08:34:40 PM »
Has anyone experienced sharp pains after donating? I get sudden sharp pains randomly on the left side of my back (donated left kidney) that don't last long but are painful when it occurs. It's only started happening this week and I'm almost 8 months post donation. Just curious if any other donors experienced this?

Offline RKEM

• Top 50 poster!
  • I'm new!
Re: Random sharp pain
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 03:26:30 PM »
I've had those around the stomach area, where the main incision was. I figured it was a adhesions. Lots of stretching helped make those more infrequent.

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 07:50:44 PM »
     I donated a kidney by the large 10-inch open cut method (14 years ago) and I likewise found that bending and stretching exercises were very helpful.
     You might want to also post at the FaceBook page of Living Donors on Line, as a lot of donors check in there but not here.
   best wishes,
   Fr. Pat

Offline brenda

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 11:20:50 PM »
I had these along my lower incisions - particularly the left where I believe the artery was harvested. Now, 5 years later, I still get an itchy burning feeling there at times.  I found that acupuncture helped in addition to stretches and massage. My surgeon said that some of the feelings (especially the itchy burning ones) were from the "dissolving stitches" which can actually take years to be absorbed.

Offline Amberwoo

• Top 100 Poster!
    • My Kidney Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 08:14:37 AM »
I did. And I had it looked at.  I was told it was probably just scar tissue.  It went away shortly after. 
Donated Kidney on 05/22/2014
My Experience- http://kidneydonorthoughts.blogspot.com/

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional