| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Living Liver Donors- NY Presbyterian and U Pen- anyone had surgery there?  (Read 3026 times)

Offline lwaksman

• Conversationalist
  • I'm new!
Hello everyone,
My husband has been evaluated at NY Presbyterian Columbia Medical Center and U Penn for a liver transplant. He is a good candidate for a living donor transplant. If you or someone you know has been a living liver donor at either of these hospitals can you comment about your experience? I want to hear in particular about your evaluation process and how thorough they were, did you get quick replies to questions, did you feel valued? Post transplant how was the nursing care, did surgeons check on you daily etc..? How much follow up up was required by the hospital and if you had any complications after hospital discharge did the hospital take good care of you?  Thank you, Laura

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
     You might want to post this also on the FaceBook page of Living Donors On Line, as more donors check in there these days.
           Fr. Pat

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional