| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: LKDs in Honolulu?  (Read 3880 times)

Offline WilliamLFreeman

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Blood is your renewable resource-please donate it!
LKDs in Honolulu?
« on: September 20, 2011, 12:18:29 AM »
Y'all,

UNOS Region 6 is meeting in Honolulu Friday Sep 23, at the Waikiki Edition Hotel, 1775 Ala Moana Blvd, 8 am to 1 pm.  Are any LDOers in Honolulu, or at least Hawaii?  If yes, do you want to attend the meeting?

The discussion in the Living Donor Committee today was interesting about the three proposals being considered.  In particular, the proposal, that all centers be assessed on whether they obtain certain limited information over 2 years from 90% of living donors, may be controversial.  I had posted on LDO that the most effective way to have your voice heard by UNOS is to submit a written comment to any proposal to UNOS, and that is still correct.  [See the thread "OPTN/UNOS Policy Proposals for Public Comment."]  And the Representative from Region 6 on the Living Donor Committee, Connie Davis, will do an excellent job of explaining, defending, and promoting the policies before Region 6 votes on them.

But a leader in UNOS who helped develop the policy suggested to me that it might help as well if 1 or more living kidney donors attended and presented their views as a LKD.  If you like, please attend so that your concerns are heard.  (And, still write your public comment!)

Please feel free to contact me directly if you want more information.

Bill
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 12:20:13 AM by WilliamLFreeman »
Bill - living kidney donor (non-directed, Seattle, Nov 24, 2008), & an [aging] physician  :-)

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional