| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Donated Thursday April 19  (Read 4225 times)

Offline gbug12001

• Top 200 Poster!
Donated Thursday April 19
« on: April 22, 2012, 06:45:31 PM »
What a great experience this has been.  Was released from the hospital on Saturday.  Took the 4 hour drive home today and I'm feeling great.  I have had little to no pain.  I'm taking the meds as required.  Tramadol and Tylenol.  And I plan on keeping on up with them.  I can not believe how fast my brother was feeling better.  I'm so amazed by modern medical profession.  The Doctors and Nurses at Mayo Clinic were great. 

I'm sure I will be back with recoup questions.

Jacqui

Offline jennybebopper

• Top 50 poster!
Re: Donated Thursday April 19
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 08:14:07 PM »
Congrats Jacqui!

So glad to hear that the transition home has started well.  Remember to take it easy & listen to your body.  Wishing you and your brother a safe & happy recovery!

Jenny

Offline CK

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:12:36 AM »
Congrats! I had an easy recovery too, and it was so great to watch my recipient get better and still is!

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 05:18:15 PM »
Congratulations Jacqui!

I am glad your recovery is going so well. Just make sure you continue to take it easy and don't over do it. May the remainder of your recovery go as well as this first part has! :)

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved