| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Nervous!  (Read 4868 times)

Offline Kidney Bean

• Top 100 Poster!
Nervous!
« on: July 17, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
Oops- posted in the wrong place. I've copied it to the right one.
Hi Everyone,
My surgery date is 7/19. I am part of a chain of 4 people donating/getting kidneys. One of the recipients is my friend. It took so long to get to this point, and 2 previous dates were cancelled, so it really has only felt real the last week or so, and now I'm very nervous! A part of me feels very guilty having my family be worried about me when the surgery is unneccessary (for me, anyway). They are very supportive, though. I know the nerves are totally normal. I can't wait to be on the other side of this, though, recovering and moving on. I'd like to thank everyone for their very helpful posts (I need to review the things to bring to the hospital one) and kind words and thoughts. It has been so nice to read about other people's experiences and know what to expect.

Thanks,
Annie

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Nervous!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 07:09:26 PM »
Dear Annie,
     Best wishes and prayers for the surgeries! Let us know how things go.
        Fr. Pat

Offline Rinnierich

• Top 100 Poster!
  • I gave a doctor his life back.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 09:56:39 PM »
Annie,

Best of luck with your surgery and a swift recovery process for both you and your friend. Sending positive thoughts to the both of you!

Offline busymom9501

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 10:09:27 PM »
Wishing you the best of luck!!! My surgery just got canceled for the 2nd time so I know how that feels. I also had the same issues with family.  However, you're doing such an awesome thing and I hope things proceed smoothly and you have a quick recovery!!!  Hope you'll post when you're feeling up to it and let us know how it went. :D

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 07:36:26 AM »
Dear Annie, 

I hope that tomorrow four people are happy with one nice kidney each.  Keep us updated!

Love, elephant

Offline Karol

• Advocate for patients and organ donors
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Jenna after a day at Disneyland
    • Kidney For Jenna
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 05:08:02 PM »
 :) Best wishes for tomorrow!
Daughter Jenna is 31 years old and was on dialysis.
7/17 She received a kidney from a living donor.
Please email us: kidney4jenna@gmail.com
Facebook for Jenna: https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
~ We are forever grateful to her 1st donor Patrice, who gave her 7 years of health and freedom

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 11:31:02 PM »
Hi Annie,

I am sending you well wishes for your surgery! Please update us afterward when you are able.

All the best!  :)

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional