| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: OPTN recruiting volunteers for new data advisory committee Fall 2013  (Read 3905 times)

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
http://transplantpro.org/optn-recruiting-volunteers-for-new-data-advisory-committee/

OPTN recruiting volunteers for new data advisory committee

The Organ Procurement and Transplant Network (OPTN) is recruiting members for a new data advisory committee (DAC). The DAC will oversee data-related issues.
We are looking for volunteers with one or more of the following areas of expertise: organ-specific transplantation, data privacy and/or security, internal review board (IRB) process, ethics, patient advocacy, deceased/living donation, transplant administration, organ procurement organization (OPO), and minority awareness. The committee will work on principles of data collection, review requests for patient-identified OPTN data, oversee future data collection proposals, and provide guidance on the dissemination of data results to the research community and public.
Although we are still finalizing the specifics regarding the number and type of members we need, if you possess the background, knowledge, expertise, and interest to serve on this committee or if you know someone who would be a good fit, please contact your regional administrator. We hope to have a fully staffed committee ready to begin work by late fall.

Who to call for your region
REGIONS 3, 11
Clifton E. McClenney, M.S.M. clifton.mcclenney@unos.org
Asst. Dir., Regional Admin. (804) 782-4742
REGIONS 1, 4, 9
Shannon Edwards shannon.edwards@unos.org
(804) 782-4759
REGIONS 2, 6, 8
Betsy L. Gans, CPTC betsy.gans@unos.org
(804) 782-4814
REGIONS 5, 7, 10
Chrystal E. Graybill chrystal.graybill@unos.org
(804) 782-4631
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 10:25:04 AM by Clark »
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
625 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: OPTN recruiting volunteers for new data advisory committee
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 07:50:32 AM »
Serving on an OPTN committee is a great way to learn more about how the system works for policy development and service to diverse stakeholders. My service on the OPTN Ad Hoc Committee on the Public Solicitation of Organ Donors led to my candidacy and service on the Board of Directors. My life situation is such that I'm debating whether or not to offer myself as a candidate again, either for the board or for this new committee. I encourage all of you to consider such service. If not you, who? If not now, when?
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: OPTN recruiting volunteers for new data advisory committee
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 08:46:05 AM »
John,
Can you post a link that shows the geographical location of the regions? It might be helpful as I am sure many of us do not know in what region we reside.
Thank you!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online!
Proud grandpa!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved