| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: It is coming to pass  (Read 7758 times)

Offline shelley

• Top 50 poster!
It is coming to pass
« on: August 17, 2011, 08:51:25 PM »
Well my friends, tomorrow I leave for Seattle and Tuesday we do the deed.  I'm SO excited I can hardly stand it.

Heather. my friend is already in Seattle, taking her last tests.  Tomorrow I get to meet her for the first time.  Just so you know, the meeting will be happening around 7 pm Pacific Time, so if you hear of any earth shaking it will just be us hugging.....  ;D

My hubby Tim will try to keep you apprised of our success if I don't feel up to it.  I feel like you have had a part in this happening, with all the support, information and kindness I've received here.  Dr. Bill Freeman, who I met here, has been an amazing friend to me.

Thanks!  and away we go!

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: It is coming to pass
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 09:29:42 PM »
Oh Shelley - that is just SO Exciting!! Please know that all of your friends here on the living donor board will be thinking of you and Heather. That would be great if Tim would keep us updated - we would all greatly appreciate it. Before you know it, the surgery will be over and you and Heather will be on the road to recovery. I can't wait to hear about you and Heather meeting and about how your surgeries go. I am sending loads of good luck wishes your way! I will keep you and Heather in my prayers. I will be eagerly watching for your - or Tim's :) update.

Best Wishes!!
Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 07:44:05 AM »
Safe travels for all of you! That is so sweet of your husband to let us know how you are doing! Our prayers will be with you!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline bergstromtori

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 07:22:08 PM »
Any word yet?
The donation is being made because I wish that someone could have done something like this to save my moms life.  I am not going to let a disease take my friend from his three kids the way my mom was taken from me, my brother and sister.

Offline WilliamLFreeman

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Blood is your renewable resource-please donate it!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 09:27:21 PM »
Y'all,
It is still only 6:30pm Seattle time -- Hang on!!   ;)

Shelley, Tim, & Heather - my prayers & wishes for much happiness are with you all.  I may be able to see y'all Wednesday, the day after surgery.

Bill
Bill - living kidney donor (non-directed, Seattle, Nov 24, 2008), & an [aging] physician  :-)

famoran

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 03:14:26 PM »
I am so happy for you and your recipient.  What a wonderful thing you are doing.

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
  • You may never know the burdens others carry
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 08:28:31 PM »
Shelley,

Good luck and God's Speed my friend.  We are all saying prayers and wishing the best of all outcomes.  I also, did not meet my recipient until the day before the surgery.  I was nervous, excited, anxious and everything in-between.  It was incredibly moving, meeting Matt, one of his sisters and especially his mother, who was so moved and gracious.  I'm so excited for you and Heather, your meeting and especially the bond when you come out the other side.  Prayers and hugs to you both.  Keep us updated.

Scott   8)
Scott

Offline rdr321

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 11:53:31 PM »
good luck

Offline PhilHoover

• Top 25 Poster!
How wonderful...
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 01:09:50 AM »
and may the LORD HIMSELF visit you in a special way for such unselfishness.
Donated to a former college professor, October 28, 2009. Would do it again in a nanosecond.

Offline stevewin@windstream.net

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 10:27:00 PM »
take care ,please let us know how you two are doing?     steve

Offline Jewels

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 01:50:25 PM »
Wow Shelley - tomorrow is the big day!  I know how you must be feeling today, besides hungry (I am hoping they are having you do a liquid diet and bowel prep today.)  I am now 5 weeks out and can't believe how good I feel.  All the pain, nausea and bowel issues are far behind!  It was 2 weeks and a day where I really felt the turn-around.  The incision pain and abdominal soreness goes away so quickly, so don't worry even those the first 2 days are hard. 

I will be thinking about you and Heather - hope your meeting was amazing.  I am in the Seattle area...please holler if you need anything, or just want to chat!

Julie
Living Kidney Donor, to my adopted sister
July 15, 2011

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 06:31:40 PM »
Hi Shelley!

Just wanted to tell you I am thinking about you and will be tomorrow on your big day. I am wishing you and Heather all the best! We will all be here waiting to give you your official "Welcome to the Club!!" :)

Best wishes to you and Heather!

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline shelley

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 07:35:28 PM »
THANKS everyone for your encouraging words!  Since I last posted my hubby and I arrived in Seattle and met Heather.  Wow, my heart just swelled up to meet this dear friend who I only corresponded with before.  Since then, we have been hanging around constantly like long-lost sisters.  We had our hospital stuff on Friday and today, lots more vials of blood, lots more ways for my donor coordinator to show his incompetence.  I swear.  When this is all over, someone is getting an earful.

But that’s the ONLY negative.  You’re right Julie about today being clear liquids and lots of pooping.  So I’m staying indoors which is ok because Seattle is raining today.  Heather does not have to fast today and our inner cleansing methods are different:   mine was 2 little orange pills last night before bed; hers is an enema this evening.

Still full of excitement for tomorrow, no doubts or fears, just thrilled to be given this opportunity to help someone at the same time I get to feel like my life is making a difference.

If any of you are interested, there’s an amazing community going on at facebook.  Just go to Friends of Sidney and ask to join or be friended or whatever.  You can see pictures of us and Seattle, and my husband is going to update the page with our status as the surgery progresses.

Love you all!  Thanks so much for your friendship.

Shelley

Offline bergstromtori

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 08:08:56 PM »
I can't figure out how to find their Facebook page?  ???
The donation is being made because I wish that someone could have done something like this to save my moms life.  I am not going to let a disease take my friend from his three kids the way my mom was taken from me, my brother and sister.

Offline Jewels

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 11:30:16 PM »
Here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/133597220054101/

Good luck ladies!!!  Can't wait to hear the good news...
Living Kidney Donor, to my adopted sister
July 15, 2011

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved