| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Problems 8 Years After I Donated My Kidney  (Read 3763 times)

Offline Donor 19

• My first post!
  • I'm new!
Problems 8 Years After I Donated My Kidney
« on: July 17, 2014, 12:13:55 PM »
Almost 8 years after donating my left kidney, I am starting to break down. My left testicle has swollen to about six times normal size, my left leg I'd about 25% larger than my right! and my left foot is swollen and numb. A few months ago my left ankle and foot were paralyzed, but after elevating my foot for a few months Zi can move everything again! buy my left foot is completely numb. Regardless of these problems, I would donate again in a heartbeat, because my dear friend is still alive and we talk all of the time.We are Brothersg now,
The hospital where the transplant took place has offered to treat me at their expense.
                                                                                                        Donor 19

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: Problems 8 Years After I Donated My Kidney
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 12:51:04 PM »
Best wishes! Sorry to hear about your challenging medical problems. Good to hear the transplant center is treating you on the assumption they are donation related. Please share as much as you're willing to about your experience. Thanks. Take care.
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Problems 8 Years After I Donated My Kidney
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 11:57:31 PM »
     Definitely accept the hospital's offer of treatment. More than 5% of male donors suffer from testicle pain on the side of donation, although this usually happens shortly after the surgery. It seems to be caused by interruption of the blood flow due to the way the blood vessels are sometimes reattached when the kidney is removed. But I had not heard of it happening so long after the donation surgery. Please keep us informed about how things go, and especially about what you learn about this.
        best wishes,
            Fr. Pat

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional