| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Pregnancy following liver donation  (Read 3638 times)

Offline Jedo

• My first post!
Pregnancy following liver donation
« on: October 03, 2012, 05:57:22 PM »
Hello all!  I am looking for information related to life AFTER donation.  I donated 1/2 my liver to my uncle in 2003 and now how the lovely mercedes scar.  It's never been a problem and I've been blessed with good health and now am blessed with a pregnancy!  We are at the 4 month mark (i.e., just beginning to show) and I'm noticing the scar is beginning to feel tight.  I'm wondering if any other mercedes scar donors had successful pregnancies following donation.  Were there any donation-related issues as far as the pregnancy goes?  Any experiences would be appreciated ...

Offline jennybebopper

• Top 50 poster!
Re: Pregnancy following liver donation
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 05:46:50 AM »
I'm sorry I don't have any experience to share, but I am wishing you the best and would love to hear how your pregnancy & delivery goes.  I assume it will all be smooth sailing but it will be nice to hear it.  I've researched this and it appears there is little literature out there right now.  Best of luck & congrats!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved