| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Recipiant having health problems  (Read 5552 times)

Offline pilotjjc3

• Top 50 poster!
Recipiant having health problems
« on: November 08, 2011, 11:28:24 PM »
My friend who received my kidney has been in the hospital since Saturday.  It started out with a sore throat and ear infection, but things have grown worse.  He became dehydrated from the colds.  The hospital worked quickly to correct that.  But then the hospital gave him an antibiotic he can't take, which caused him to have an allergic reaction.  Now, his creatinine numbers are climbing and they aren't sure why.  They think that they may have given him too many fluids and there is too much pressure on the kidneys.  The colds running through his body may be causing his new kidney to not function to the normal levels.  In any case, if you have a moment, please say a prayer for him that things improve quickly.  Not sure how it will turn out, but I don't want to see my kidney fail for him.  Thanks.

Offline Dora76

• Top 100 Poster!
Re: Recipiant having health problems
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 12:06:32 AM »
Keeping you and your friend in my prayers.
~Living kidney donor to my mother, November 2010~

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 12:35:37 AM »
God bless you both. Post transplant problems are not uncommon in the recipient, and I hope and pray all will go well.
   Fr. Pat

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 01:22:40 PM »
Prayers go out to your friend. It is good that he is in the hospital where they can take care of him.
I do know that creatinine can rise just from being ill. My husband has monthly blood work and, the same day, has to call in his vitals. They told him if he was or had been ill to be sure to let them know that also as it could affect not only the creatinine but some other levels.
Hoping for a quick recovery and that your friend is home soon.
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline pilotjjc3

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 09:51:52 AM »
Thanks for the prayers.  My friend is now home from the hospital.  Creatinine numbers are lowering, which is good.  He has a double ear infection, strep throat and thrush.  So from a cold standpoint, he is still in rough shape.  But the kidney fuction is improving and that is the most important thing.  Thanks again for the prayers.

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 03:33:18 PM »
I am so sorry to hear that your friend was so sick. I am glad to hear that he is home and his creatinine levels are coming back down. Hopefully as the strep throat, thrush and ear infection clear up, his kidney funciton will return to his normal levels.

Please do keep us posted as to how he continues to do.

Best Wishes,

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved