| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: My husband is donating his kidney March 28th-- www.mattskidney.com  (Read 5283 times)

theburts26

Hello Everyone!

My husband, Matt, is donating his kidney on March 28th and we made a website to share our story and also raise awareness of living donation. Please take a moment to visit our site and PLEASE share your stories, advice, or questions on our forum.

We would LOVE it!!!

Thank You,
Matt and Courtney Burt

www.mattskidney.com

Offline cupid

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: My husband is donating his kidney March 28th-- www.mattskidney.com
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 10:08:26 AM »
Hi Courtney
I just saw his website through the link on FB-awesome idea! I am two weeks post donation and would be more than happy to answer any questions he has. Or you can request a 'donor buddy' through this site. My buddy was helpful pre and post donation. Good luck!
Lauri

Offline dodger

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 01:55:12 PM »
Very nice site, best wishes on the surgery, I will be following.
Donated 3/10/11 to my niece at UW Madison, Wi

theburts26

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 06:07:28 PM »
Thank you for the kind words and support!! We greatly appreciate the thoughts and advice. Matt is considering linking up with a donor buddy; I think it would be wonderful! He speaks of the procedure with tons of optimism and seems free of fear, but I know having someone that has gone through the process would be an invaluable resource for him to have, because I know he is pretty nervous even though he hides it so well. Well wishes to all of you!!!! :)

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 07:10:57 PM »
     Best wishes and prayers for all. If he has not already done so, he might want to read over the list of "helpful hints" that the National Kidney Foundation collected from past donors:
www.kidney.org/transplantation/livingdonors/infotips.cfm
             Fr. Pat

theburts26

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 11:21:27 PM »
Thank you for the great suggestion! I think the info on the National Kidney Foundation's site will be a wonderful resource for Matt and I.

Thank you!

Offline alyfaye

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 10:07:21 PM »
I am donating one day ahead of your husband on the 27th. I hope you will come back and let us know how he is doing after surgery!

theburts26

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 11:57:54 PM »
I will definitely keep everyone posted! We try to come on here as often as possible, but our time has been pretty limited. I keep our site updated regularly, so please follow our journey on there! This is all moving along so quickly!  ;D We are getting really excited!!! Take care everyone and best wishes!!!!!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional