| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Somerset mother's kidney gave the gift of life to her daughter  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Somerset mother's kidney gave the gift of life to her daughter
« on: November 27, 2011, 08:58:26 AM »
http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Somerset-mother-s-kidney-gave-gift-life-daughter/story-13942594-detail/story.html

Somerset mother's kidney gave the gift of life to her daughter

A Frome woman has thanked her mother for saving her life as the anniversary of her kidney donor operation approaches.

It was two years ago this Saturday that Hayley Robertson, of Bendall's Wharf, was given a kidney from her mother Judy Aplin.

"I was told that a transplant from a living donor would have a better chance of working.

"As soon as I was told I would need a transplant mum put herself forward as a donor.

"It would not have mattered what the consequences were, mum would still have gone ahead with it."

Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional