| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Just FYI for kidney health  (Read 3305 times)

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
Just FYI for kidney health
« on: July 26, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »
Wasn't sure if anyone saw the following:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-says-one-day-p90x-sent-him-emergency-170839781.html 

I had read it when it came out,  but recently saw it posted in another kidney friendly forum. Thought it was a good reminder to share. There are a lot of new varieties of physical activity out there that are being actively marketed to the public-not only P90X, but Insanity, Crossfit, etc. that have a high volume of reps. I have done Crossfit for a little over two years, and the coaches are very cognizant of the risk. They really watch people so as to scale as needed. I always err on the side of caution due to the fact that I don't want to do anything to jeopardize what I have left. Never had heard before of rhabdo, and now it seems like it is everywhere. Hoping that news like this will educate the public on the importance of your kidneys and the need to protect their function.

Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline kali

• Top 100 Poster!
Re: Just FYI for kidney health
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 10:13:15 PM »
Do you think hot yoga is ok?

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved