| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Calling all Johns Hopkins donors!  (Read 4756 times)

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
Calling all Johns Hopkins donors!
« on: January 27, 2012, 07:49:51 AM »
Hopkins posted this on their facebook page.  Would be worth it for us to contact them so there is more info out there on the long-term effects of living kidney donation.

At Johns Hopkins, we are conducting a research study of every single person who has donated a kidney at our hospital (East Baltimore and Bayview)in the last 30 years, in the hopes of helping the entire transplant community better understand the long-term effects of donating a kidney. We would like to invite all of our living donors to contact us as part of this critically important national research study. If you are a recipient, please encourage your donor to get in touch with our study team.

For more information, call us at 410-775-6555 or e-mail us at jhkidneydonor@jhmi.edu.
Donated left kidney on 6/6/11 to a recipient I found on LDO
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: Calling all Johns Hopkins donors!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 09:26:14 AM »
Excellent!  Way to lead, Hopkins!
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
625 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 09:26:32 AM »
Thanks for posting this. I just emailed and hope to be involved in this study.

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 06:23:42 PM »
Turns out I already was interviewed by one of their research assistants for this study. They just call and ask a few questions over the phone about current health, creatinine, ht, wt and ask if they can get your medical records from your PCP. I was hoping this was a long term study on each of their donors. I want my information to be studies as I age not just what I was like at 3 years out. My concern is 15 - 20 years out. I hope they find enough of their donors who donated more than 10 years ago so that long term data can be studies. Oh well, disappointed.

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved