| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Bountiful woman to receive life-changing donation from ‘Biggest Loser' contestan  (Read 2854 times)

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17632359

Bountiful woman to receive life-changing donation from ‘Biggest Loser' contestant
By Lori Prichard

Over 300 Utahns are waiting for a kidney transplant, but a Bountiful woman doesn't have to wait for a match. She's getting one from a stranger who credits NBC's weight loss reality show "The Biggest Loser" for being able to help her help others.

"I was here at work, and one of my customers had come up to me, and we were just talking in passing about life in general, and I had mentioned to her that I needed to have a kidney transplant. She said, ‘Oh, I want to give you my kidney,'" Olsen recalled.

That customer was Heather Hansen, a former Biggest Loser contestant from season three.

Hansen credits the show with helping her lose weight. It changed her life, now she says she can change the life of others.

Meanwhile, KSL News spoke to Heather Hansen by phone, and she said she's ready for the surgery. She didn't want to be interviewed on camera because she says she wants to keep the focus on Olsen and others like her who are in desperate need of transplants.
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional