| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Rejection  (Read 4579 times)

Offline Nancy

• Top 50 poster!
Rejection
« on: November 06, 2013, 10:38:22 PM »
 :-[

Offline Stpfan44

• Top 100 Poster!
  • headache drumroll
Re: Rejection
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 03:06:35 PM »
No. It's acceptence.

Ask8ball.net
\44/
/44\

Offline Nancy

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 11:10:57 PM »
I apologize.  I was trying to add the sad icon and somehow lost my message.  I learned last night my recipient is in rejection.  They think they have caught it early and can handle it.  Rejection episodes emphasize that while donors get to go on with their lives, recipients still face health issues everyday of their lives.  Seize the day!

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 08:15:39 AM »
All the best to your recipient. They can do wonderful things with medication nowadays and hope that they will keep the rejection at bay.
Keep us posted!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline Porcelina

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 04:38:37 PM »
I donated 4 years ago and my kidney was doing fine until my recipient accidentally got pregnant (wasn't on birth control, no condoms, her and her husband just didn't think about it). She lost the baby at 28 weeks. It has been about 6 months since she lost the baby and now she is rejecting. I feel you. It sucks. I personally feel pretty useless and depressed these days.

Offline Nancy

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 06:20:06 PM »
After nine days my recipient is back home doing fine.  She did get kicked out of the study she was in though.  She was on infusion therapy and the study covered her drugs.  She's bummed about that.

Offline Oldnslow

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 09:51:37 AM »
Why was she kicked out of the study?  The drugs are quite expensive.
Oldnslow

"Donated kidney to my brother on Dec 8, 2008"

Offline Nancy

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 08:17:48 PM »
It's my understanding they didn't think the trial drug was strong enough for her and that's why she started rejecting.  The trial was an infusion drug.  Now she's back on the pills. 

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved