| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: just wondering...  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Anna,

• My first post!
just wondering...
« on: July 06, 2012, 12:06:49 AM »
My close friends grandma needs a kidney transplant because she has ESRD (got from diabetes) and she needs a donor... and i dont know but i have this urge to help maybe not her (mostly because i dont think my friend or family would let me and i dont know if there is a age limit to being a donor) but help someone else in the future, but i was just curious if there is a age requirement? By the way I am 14, obviously still have time to think about my future but it would be nice to have some input!? Thanks
Anna Krumm

Offline Rinnierich

• Top 100 Poster!
  • I gave a doctor his life back.
Re: just wondering...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 11:47:48 AM »
Anna, I don't believe there is an age that you can be living kidney donor. But please know that it is a big step to make emotionally and physically. The gratification of saving someone's life is unexplainable but know it is a big step to make. I started my work up when I was 19, luckily I had years to educate myself and speak with wonderful staff at the hospital to help me decide if the it was the right decision for me. I wish you the best of the luck and commend you at such a young age to be willing to make such a selfless decision.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved