| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Another hospital stay.  (Read 3955 times)

Shrug

Another hospital stay.
« on: June 30, 2011, 05:07:45 PM »
Well last Friday to Monday I was in the hospital with another verices bleed.  Not fun.  After giving me two pints of plasma they scheduled me for an endoscopy and banding.  They gave me fentanyl The next thing I know I am staring at my wife asking if we started yet.  She told me we were done!
I am still pretty worn out but my throat is no longer sore and I have evacuated the last of the residual blood.

My doctor is really pleased with my weight loss (68 pound gone in 10 months).
He has finally submitted me for evaluation.  Now all I need is a donor.  Sadly I have no living family (none that matters).  My parents both died of natural causes.  My kid brother.. well I heard he was in rehab somewhere in northern California, so as far as being a donor counts, he may as well be dead.

I have a pretty good life, a perfect wife, three great little dogs, a nice house, and a cool hot rod I am restoring.

My father-in law is a doctor and my mother-in-law has been a RN for over 20 years.  She said that when I do get a transplant, she will come out from Florida and teach my wife how to properly handle my after-care.  So I have a great support system in place.
All my other organ are strong and healthy, lungs, heart, etc. I also have excellent health care and one of the top hepatologists in the state.
I am not now, nor have I ever been a drinker.  They think it might have been OTC meds for my back pain (I had a racing accident many years ago, and have had back pain ever since)  I have since learned to manage my pain drug free.

I am 46 years old.  I am a prime candidate.  All I need is for somebody to share the gift of life with me.  As you already know, I just need a half donor, and in a few months we will both grow new ones.

Bless you all!

Tony

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
  • You may never know the burdens others carry
Re: Another hospital stay.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 05:19:07 PM »
Tony,

Praying for you and hope your Angel comes along soon. 

Scott   8)
Scott

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved