| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: OPTN/UNOS Region 1 Meeting today, April 29th, 2013  (Read 3501 times)

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
OPTN/UNOS Region 1 Meeting today, April 29th, 2013
« on: April 29, 2013, 10:35:51 AM »
As I have done for nearly 10 years now, I am taking the day to be a public witness to the deliberations of the New England members of the OPTN as they meet to discuss public policy, and vote. Most notably for us is the Living Donor Committee's proposal to clarify the role, qualifications, and institutional characteristics of Independent Donor Advocates.

I strongly encourage you all to make the effort to attend your regional meetings, the committee and board meetings that take place conveniently close to you. The discussion is always thoughtful, and often very lively. Moreover, there is quite often a need and an opportunity for a first person view from a living donor. Be that voice!
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: OPTN/UNOS Region 1 Meeting today, April 29th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 12:13:01 PM »
Just heard that the draft proposal for revising the deceased kidney donor allocation system has finally survived public comment with only minor details to be addressed. 10 years! It's to be on the board's agenda in June. That'll be quite a meeting, not least because it'll bring the IT delay concerns to a head.
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: OPTN/UNOS Region 1 Meeting today, April 29th, 2013
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 01:20:51 PM »
Recently rewritten based on best practice interviews with highly compliant transplant centers as well as noncompliant: http://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/ContentDocuments/Guidance_Post_Donation_Donor_Follow-Up.pdf
Proud grandpa!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional