| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Saying hello  (Read 4102 times)

Offline flacapt

• Top 100 Poster!
Saying hello
« on: September 18, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
What a wonderful site! Thank you all for your input. My name is Marc and I am scheduled for donating to my b-n-law the 23rd Oct.

I appreciate the information I have read here from you all. I can't wait to give you an update on our progress.

Because of the postings and the additional information on the web site, I have a handful of documents and questions for my surgeon on Monday also, I have signed up with a buddy and we are talking on a regular basis.

Prayers are appreciated!

M

Donor 10/12 B-N-Law Mayo Clininc, Jax, Fl.

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Saying hello
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Where is your surgery?

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 07:29:56 AM »
Lord have mercy!

Love, elephant

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 07:37:28 PM »
Dear M,
     Hi. Glad you re finding the site helpful.
     Some donors have found it handy to have a loose-leaf folder to keep all their documents, terst results, questions, etc. in one place.
     You might also find it helpful to keep a personal journal of your thoughts, feelings, experiences throughout the process. (Even bring a small cheap battery-operated recorder with you to the hospital to record your thoughts even when you don't feel up to writing.) Some donors have found it helpful to have this way to express privately their thoughts, and later to be able to look back.
      Best wishes,
          Fr. Pat

Offline flacapt

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 08:46:38 AM »
Surgery is in Jax, Mayo Clinic.. Not many buddies signed up from Mayo.?

M
Donor 10/12 B-N-Law Mayo Clininc, Jax, Fl.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional