| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Anyone having pain/cramping months after donation?  (Read 3932 times)

Offline cr89131

• My first post!
Anyone having pain/cramping months after donation?
« on: October 25, 2012, 11:34:01 PM »
Hello - I donated almost 3 months ago and started having some minor pain all in the areas around the donation areas (back, incisions, front) and then more recently, some sharp pain and now cramping.  Does anyone else have this experience and if so, is this something that will subside?

Strange how I really had no pain before and NOW it is happening.  Just wanted some other people's feedback and experience please.  The pain is not severe but sometimes it gets a little bad.

Thank you for anyone's input.  :)

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Anyone having pain/cramping months after donation?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 07:06:02 AM »
I did not have the pain you are describing. If anything, I had post op pain which subsided after about 1 week. You may have some adhesions or fluid buildup, from the surgery or may be something not related to the surgery but we all tend to focus on the surgery. Definitely worth making an appointment with your transplant center or primary care doctor to check it out. Let us know what happens.

Sherri

Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Anyone having pain/cramping months after donation?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 02:10:53 PM »
Dear cr89131,

I second what Sherri said.  Go to the doctor!

I'm guilty of blaming fatigue/left side pain on the surgery, but I was developing ulcerative colitis. 

love, elephant. 

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved