| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: We have LOTS of readers!  (Read 4023 times)

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
We have LOTS of readers!
« on: September 22, 2011, 12:44:26 PM »
I don't know if you all have access to the more stats link at the bottom of the main message board page, or if that's just for we admins.  Consider this a reminder, I guess, that while registration is required to post new content, and our registrations are still rebuilding since the new forum changeover at the beginning of the year, registration is NOT required to read what's posted.  As of a few moments ago, we have had more than 1500 page views per day, on average.  With over 500 members, every member would have to log in every day and look at 3 pages.  One stat in the old forum that I liked was the recent log in list, because it counted the unique IP addresses of all the guests.  Typical numbers were about 100 a day, 500 a week, and 2500 a month.  2500 different computers, worldwide.  A lot of them are spambots, which we're still fighting, but not all.  Try to remember your audience when you post, and you, the ones reading this who haven't registered and don't post, why not?  We'd welcome you introducing yourself, whether or not you choose an alias, and expressing why you've come to read our stories.  Do tell.  Thanks!
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: We have LOTS of readers!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 01:26:01 PM »
Wow! What an amazing statistic! Thanks for sharing with us, John!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional