| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Good news  (Read 6976 times)

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
Good news
« on: January 31, 2012, 09:45:12 PM »
Just thought I'd share some good news. My brother, who I call my "kidney" brother (as opposed to my other brother) called to tell me that they are expecting a baby in the summer. They already have 2 boys ages 9 and 5. I think they are hoping for a girl. Maybe my female kidney can increase the odds, but either way good health is really all we ever pray for. Nice to know my brother will be a healthier dad.

Sherri
Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Good news
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 05:29:56 PM »
Wonderful news! Congratulations to your brother and congratulations to Aunt Sherri!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline lawphi

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
Wow!  Great news! Hope it is a little Sherri!

You do realize that you helped create that sweet little baby!  Most ESRD patients are sterile.  I will spare the details. 
Bridge Paired Exchange donor on behalf of my husband (re-transplant) at Johns Hopkins.

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 01:47:26 PM »
That is great news!  Congratulations!  You might be right-the female kidney could increase the odds of a baby girl.  My recipient got a notice that HE might qualify for a membership to the National Association of Professional Women.  He wonders if it is because he's part woman now on account of good 'ole Lefty!  So apparently now he fits into both gender categories??  I found it quite amusing!  ;D
Donated left kidney on 6/6/11 to a recipient I found on LDO
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Dana_S

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 07:55:27 PM »
This is funny!

Offline sherri

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 08:56:49 PM »
Hi Dana,

You must be jstx's recipient. Lucky you! don't know if you can qualify for part female but just to have a body part of such a wonderful and generous donor can only mean good things for you and your family. Hope you are doing well and back to your regular routine or at least a new healthy normal.

All the best,

Sherri

Sherri
Living Kidney Donor 11/12/07

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 09:25:30 PM »
You're so sweet Sherri!  Yes, Dana is my recipient.  Julian had come forward and offered to get tested for Dana but I was already in progress.  Julian continued the testing process and was able to donate to a stranger today, as you know!  Dana will be getting to visit with Julian on Wednesday.

Dana, Sherri was my donor mentor and provided so much wonderful advice and support.  She even came to see me a few times while I was in Baltimore.

Small world, eh?!
Donated left kidney on 6/6/11 to a recipient I found on LDO
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Offline WilliamLFreeman

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Blood is your renewable resource-please donate it!
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 12:03:36 AM »
Sherri,

Mazel Tov!   ;)

L'CHAIM!!!    :D

Bill
Bill - living kidney donor (non-directed, Seattle, Nov 24, 2008), & an [aging] physician  :-)

Offline PaulaHalvo

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 12:50:03 PM »
Congratulations! A new life, boy or girl, is great cause for celebration!

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved