| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: MUSCs  (Read 3622 times)

Offline Nancy

• Top 50 poster!
MUSCs
« on: March 15, 2013, 04:21:57 PM »
I would be interested to hear the experiences of anyone who has been a donor at the Medical University of SC.

Offline MrMike66

• Top 100 Poster!
Re: MUSCs
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:39:10 PM »
I am currently in the program at MUSC and have my pre-op tests tomorrow AM.  My surgery is scheduled for April 3rd.  So far I have been very pleased with how I have been treated and they have answered every question.  They had a previous donor contact me and she was great and very happy about MUSC.

Offline StacyRushton

• My first post!
Re: MUSCs
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 06:08:50 PM »
Hi Nancy-
I donated my left kidney to my husband, on 02/03/2010 at MUSC. Dr. Baliga preformed Mark's surgery and Dr. Chavin preformed mine. Prior to the surgery, I worked with Lucia Miles in coordinating the massive amounts of paperwork. We can not give enough praise to the staff there at Rutledge Tower, 9th Floor. Everyone that we worked with from the very first visit, were compassionate and caring and no doubt love their jobs. I felt we were given all the pros/cons of the surgeries and we were as prepared as we could possibly be. I wasn't quite ready for the intense pain that I experienced. I have never had children, so having my stomach blown up for over 4 hours stretched muscles that I had never used. I was out of work for close to 3 months and even now have pain in the area of where my kidney was located, can be pretty bad. Mark still has kidney clinic 2x a year, but he is certainly one of MUSC's success stories. His labs have always been spot on and he has health issues related to the transplant. Again, I would highly recommend MUSC to anyone. Feel free to email me if you want more detailed information as I know I was blessed to be able to donate and love sharing our story. Best of luck to you.
And Mr. Mike66, will be sending up lots of prayers for your April 3rd transplant. I know MUSC will take excellent care of you. God speed to you sir.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional