| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: NERVOUS  (Read 4775 times)

wants2help

NERVOUS
« on: January 31, 2012, 04:19:26 AM »
Well, today is my husbands all day first evaluation at the university with the transplant team.  Seems like this is LONG overdue- been waiting for so long.  They said it would be all day 7:30-3:30.  At least we will get some answers.  Just hope we don't hear he ISN'T a candidate for a transplant.  :-(

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: NERVOUS
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 07:41:53 AM »
Good luck to you both! Take lots of notes and ask lots of questions.
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline Snoopy

• Top 10 Poster!
  • Non-directed donation, Oct., 2011
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 04:07:26 AM »
I hope it went well.  Please keep us posted.
    Be well, Snoopy

Offline MissFrizz

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 08:03:48 AM »
Best of luck.  Hope to hear good news from you soon.
Stephanie

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." - John Wayne

wants2help

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 10:06:02 AM »
My husband had his day long appt.  They said they would let him know in one week, but they will most likely defer him until he loses a little weight.  He is only like 5 pounds from the necessary BMI requirement, but all his weight is in his stomach, so they said the more he loses the better off he will be.  SO, they won't test donors till he is surgery ready, then his sister will test first, then a son in law and a grandson, then me.   Anyone else on here had transplant surgery at the University of Iowa Hospital?

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved