| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Home from the Hospital  (Read 6422 times)

cr-steve

Home from the Hospital
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:07:06 AM »
Donated left Kidney Tuesday Oct 11. Surgery went well.Came home Thursday ,sore but otherwise doing well . My friends new kidney is working well but shes still in hosp.She said she is warm for the first time since 1988.What a blessing

Offline Clark

• Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Please give the gift of life!
    • Living Donors Online!
Re: Home from the Hospital
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 11:16:32 AM »
Bravo!  Glad to hear it.  Want a calendar entry?
Unrelated directed kidney donor in 2003, recipient and I both well.
620 time blood and platelet donor since 1976 and still giving!
Elected to the OPTN/UNOS Boards of Directors & Executive, Kidney Transplantation, and Ad Hoc Public Solicitation of Organ Donors Committees, 2005-2011
Proud grandpa!

Offline ohtobeahayes

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 11:19:34 AM »
YAY! Congratulations, you one kidneyed wonder!  :)  Get some rest and take some walks and keep us updated on you. Isn't your body AWESOME?!  Right now, as you are healing, your one kidney has taken over and is slowly growing to make up for lefty. You ROCK! Thanks for your gift!
Be the change!
Nicki

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 12:35:38 PM »
Congratulations! I am glad to hear everything went so well. You will be sore for a while, but each day should get a little better. Rest as much as you need - I took my share of naps during my recovery. Also small walks as you feel up to it. (Don't push yourself). You did such a wonderful thing! Please continue to keep up updated on how your recovery is going as well as your friend's recovery.

Again, congratualtions and welcome to the One Kidney Club! :)

Linda
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 12:38:00 PM by Aries7 »
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Offline Scott337

• Top 25 Poster!
  • You may never know the burdens others carry
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 01:03:17 PM »
Happy recovery to you Steve - hope you get stronger each day.  Take plenty of easy walks, do some stretching and REST plenty for now.  Congratulations on you and your friend.  We are so happy to hear all went well.  Keep us updated on both of your progress.   Thanks for being so selfless and giving someone such a special gift of life!  Regards

Scott    8)
Scott

Offline Fr Pat

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 03:54:15 AM »
Congratulations!
   Fr. Pat

Offline Michael

• Founder of LDO
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
    • Living Donors Online
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 09:17:25 AM »
Great news! Congratulations to both of you!
Michael
Living Donors Online
Our mission: to improve the living donation experience

Offline WilliamLFreeman

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Blood is your renewable resource-please donate it!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 10:47:31 PM »
cr-steve.

"What a blessing."  Yes, a blessing indeed, to and for both of you.  CONGRATULATIONS, and WELCOME!   ;D

Bill
Bill - living kidney donor (non-directed, Seattle, Nov 24, 2008), & an [aging] physician  :-)

Offline stevewin@windstream.net

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 10:50:22 PM »
steve,great to see your are out and resting.you have joined several of us on this path.each day seems more special as you progress.take it easy.  steve windle-donated to brother on march 15,2011

Offline bergstromtori

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 09:55:07 PM »
Congratulations and best wishes.
The donation is being made because I wish that someone could have done something like this to save my moms life.  I am not going to let a disease take my friend from his three kids the way my mom was taken from me, my brother and sister.

Offline Dora76

• Top 100 Poster!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 10:32:01 PM »
Congratulations.  Best of luck to you and your recipient.  As the others have said...walk, rest, and drink a lot of fluids if you don't feel up to eating too much.  Takes a while to get up and around and used to things again, but it gets better every day.  One day you'll blink, and all the sudden you'll realize you can walk a little farther, do a little more, etc.  Hope all is well!
~Living kidney donor to my mother, November 2010~

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional