| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Just arrived  (Read 5141 times)

Offline paschkej

• Conversationalist
Just arrived
« on: September 25, 2011, 11:32:00 PM »
Decided it is time to introduce myself.  I have been reading all the posts for quite some time now and have had many questions answered.  Also have had some new things to ponder.   I appreciate all of you!  I am a non-directed donor with the National Kidney Registry and am working with the UW Medical Center.  All of my testing has gone well, with only one test left which I will do this Tuesday.  I have met with the transplant team and it seems as if this is going to happen! I'm sure I will have many questions for all of you when the final wheels are set in motion!   Again, I really appreciate this site and all of you who post your questions and thoughts.   

* Thanks for your help Bill!

Offline ohtobeahayes

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: Just arrived
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 08:17:26 AM »
Welcome and congratulations!!!!! Keep us updated on your progress! What brought you to donation, if you don't mind my asking?

Cheers to your soon to be one kidney-dom! :)
Nicki
Be the change!
Nicki

Offline WilliamLFreeman

• Top 25 Poster!
  • Blood is your renewable resource-please donate it!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 11:35:27 AM »
paschkej,

Another welcome.

LET'S HEAR IT LKDs DONATING IN SEATTLE!    :D

Bill
Bill - living kidney donor (non-directed, Seattle, Nov 24, 2008), & an [aging] physician  :-)

Offline paschkej

• Conversationalist
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 11:41:14 AM »
Thanks Nicki!
I was first inspired by the founder of the National Kidney Registry, Garret Hil, and his wife.  I saw them on TV talking about their struggle and journey to find a kidney for their daughter and their subsequent founding of the Registry.  I was very moved by the story and since I had just taken early retirement (from a much loved teaching career) and finally had a little time, I thought "I could do that".  So the journey began. I have loved every step and really feel this is what I should be doing with my life right now.

BTW - love the coinage of the word kidney-dom!

Heather6

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 01:54:10 PM »
Hi there,
I too have been reading the posts on here for a couple months now.  And I'm glad to hear someone mention UW Medical Center.  I have an appointment to begin the testing process there next month in order to donate to my sister.  Any tips you have for me in regards to the transplant team or what not?
Heather

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 02:12:46 AM »
Hello Paschkej,

I also just wanted to tell you welcome and thank you for being so selfless and for doing such a wonderful thing to help out another human being! :)

Linda
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:23:57 AM by Aries7 »
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved