| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Participate in a Study on the Impact of Kidney Transplantation on Caregivers  (Read 4086 times)

Offline Karol

• Advocate for patients and organ donors
  • Administrator
  • Top 10 Poster!
  • Jenna after a day at Disneyland
    • Kidney For Jenna

-- Participate in a Study on the Impact of Kidney Transplantation on Caregivers --

If you are or have been a caregiver for someone who has undergone a kidney transplant between the ages of 12-30, you may qualify to be a participant in a study on the psychosocial effects of kidney transplantation.

This study is focused on the emotional functioning, social functioning, stress, and growth you may have experienced as a caregiver for an adolescent or young adult kidney transplant recipient.  It explores how being a caregiver has affected you and your life.

In order to qualify, you must be:

a)  An English-speaking primary caregiver for a kidney transplant recipient who is between 12-30 years old and received their transplant at least 1 year ago.   

If you choose to participate, you will be asked to independently complete an online survey. Each individual’s responses will be kept completely confidential. Participation in this study will take no more than 90 minutes for caregivers. Results of the study will be shared with interested participants.

PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A $10 VISA GIFT CARD UPON COMPLETION OF THE SURVEY TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND CONTRIBUTION.

If you are interested in participating in this study, please send an email to: caregiverkidneystudy.pgsp@gmail.com.

You may also contact the research coordinator directly,
Mariana Naldi, M.S., at 209-485-2937.
Daughter Jenna is 31 years old and was on dialysis.
7/17 She received a kidney from a living donor.
Please email us: kidney4jenna@gmail.com
Facebook for Jenna: https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
~ We are forever grateful to her 1st donor Patrice, who gave her 7 years of health and freedom

Offline Rob_h

• Top 50 poster!
Hi Karol,

Sure, I will participate.  I don't tend to "blame" my child's illness for my own, but now that I have a new, and somewhat unusual for my age (61) condtion, sinus node disfunction, one does have to wonder about the inpact of years of caregiving prior to my getting ill. Anyway, maybe being in the study helps answer that issue.  best wishes, Rob Halverson

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional