| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Approved !  (Read 3932 times)

Offline Halpal90

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
Approved !
« on: June 12, 2014, 07:32:23 PM »
I got the call on June 10th that I was approved to donate to my boyfriend :) Hard work and persistence pays off. We actually found out while we were out on the boat fishing haha.

Surgery date is set for June 25th ! holy cow  :D I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Ive never had surgery so this will be interesting. I have taken the entire month of July off to recover and to help my boyfriend recover as well.

Will keep everyone updated

Halpal90

Offline elephant

• Top 10 Poster!
Re: Approved !
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 08:15:11 AM »
Dear Halpal,

Congratulations.  I pray all goes well for you both, and look forward to hearing from you during recovery. 

It will certainly be interesting!  I actually walked into the operating room and lay down on the table, so there was time for a good look around.  Waking up again was not nice at all.  But seeing my Dad looking well and happy again made up for that. 

Read up on some of the threads about preparing for surgery, they're most helpful.

Love, elephant

Offline JAS

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 03:28:35 PM »
Congratulations, halpal! It's an interesting feeling when you get that news, isn't it? I felt elated and excited to know that I would have the chance to change a friend's life, but also nervous. My surgery date still isn't scheduled because we're waiting for her GFR to fall a little more. Best of luck to you.

Offline tictaktoes

• Top 200 Poster!
  • I'm new!
    • Help an organ donor become a mom!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 12:37:28 PM »
Congratulations! And thanks for giving the gift of life to someone. Good luck for the surgery.

Offline aaron4BZ

• Conversationalist
  • Liver Donor
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 05:00:05 AM »
It's an amazing feeling knowing that you've been green-lighted, an even better feeling seeing the life in their eyes for the first time after the surgery.
Congratulations on everything and I hope everything went well.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional