| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Our stories (Mine and the recipients)  (Read 4040 times)

Offline bergstromtori

• Top 50 poster!
Our stories (Mine and the recipients)
« on: August 31, 2011, 10:56:17 PM »
Had my pre op appointment today.  Looking good and not nervous.  I can't believe how much I have to do around the house before then, but oh well.  

Next Tuesday is the Day.  We are doing a big fundraiser on Saturday.  I can't believe how many people are rallying around it.  Here is the link to the recipient's NTAF fundraising page http://www.ntafund.org/find-a-patient/profile/index.cfm/patient/4DB1AFF6-C1A4-7D3F-C7D04728BA3971ED  Included on the page is a letter from my friend the recipient and a letter from me.  I think you would really enjoy reading and I didn't want to cut and paste them here because they are so long.

I also copied the idea from Shelly and Heather's Facebook page "Friends of Sydney" Ours is "Billy the Kidney".  

Thanks,
Tori
The donation is being made because I wish that someone could have done something like this to save my moms life.  I am not going to let a disease take my friend from his three kids the way my mom was taken from me, my brother and sister.

Offline bergstromtori

• Top 50 poster!
Re: Our stories (Mine and the recipients)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 11:00:58 PM »
Oh and that it not me in the photo.  The photo is of John and his awesome wife who is a friend of mine.
The donation is being made because I wish that someone could have done something like this to save my moms life.  I am not going to let a disease take my friend from his three kids the way my mom was taken from me, my brother and sister.

Offline MissFrizz

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: Our stories (Mine and the recipients)
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 09:35:36 AM »
What a beautiful story of 2 incredible people.  Thank you so much for sharing.  You are amazing.
Stephanie

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." - John Wayne

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional