| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: Post surgery complications kidney donors  (Read 4043 times)

Offline donor52

• Conversationalist
    • Living Kidney Donation
Post surgery complications kidney donors
« on: April 11, 2013, 02:51:48 AM »
Hello, I am from the UK and run a support group for living kidney donors ..I am compiling a list of "after effects" " complications" that people have had after kidney donation surgery. Anything from itchy skin due to the plaster, to infections, chest problems, testicle swelling and pain, severe gas bloating pain, you name it I would like to hear about it. I would appreciate it if you could either PM me or send me an email to donor [at] livingkidneydonation.co.uk or use the contact form on that site and let me know.

Please be assured that people's identity will not be divulged. the only personal information will be age and whether M or F. This list will be used to try and encourage the medical profession to be more aware (a lot of complications never get reported to them) and also so we can support donors better.

1. Age at donation
2. Male or Female
3. please list any after effects, complications etc you had no matter how minor or insignificant you might thing they are. Also any more complicated ones.
4. How long after donating did this happen
5. Did you seek any advice/help or medical advice/treatment and were you happy with this? please give as much info as poss.
6. How stressed/worried were you
7 Were you aware this could happen or was it a total surprise
8 - if a surprise, do you think had you known this might happen you would have accepted it more and been less stressed.
9. Please give as much information as possible about any complications/after effects. I would rather too much than not enough.

Please pass this to any other living kidney donor you know of regardless of who they donated to.

Thank you in advance.
Diane

Offline poodles

• Top 50 poster!
Re: Post surgery complications kidney donors
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 08:15:09 AM »
hi Diane! Great idea!

There is fairly new Canadian Donor Board.

http://fordonorsonly.com/

Can you start a thread with your request there please?

Poodles

Offline donor52

• Conversationalist
    • Living Kidney Donation
Re: Post surgery complications kidney donors
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 08:37:30 AM »
sure can!! thanks for link
Di
 8)

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional