| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: special day  (Read 5549 times)

Offline brookeallison

• Top 200 Poster!
special day
« on: March 18, 2012, 09:10:39 PM »
today was a very special day: i got to meet my cousin and kidney recipient's fourth child and first since the transplant, weston brooks (take note of that middle name), and his oldest daughter, emma, colored a picture for me and put a sticky note on it that said, "you're nice and awesome. daddy likes his kidney." that made me tear up and it's the most precious thing i've ever seen :)

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: special day
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 09:44:34 PM »
How sweet! You made a huge difference in the lives of MANY people. How wonderful that they named a child after you. I'm not sure we can always understand the full extent to which donation changes the lives of our recipients. It blows me away anytime something like this happens where a recipient verbalizes their gratitude. They are obviously extremely grateful for what you've given to them. Doesn't it just give you a warm fuzzy feeling to be involved in living donation?!
Donated left kidney on 6/6/11 to a recipient I found on LDO
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Offline brookeallison

• Top 200 Poster!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 09:49:27 PM »
absolutely :)

Offline jennybebopper

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 10:21:57 PM »
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful moment!

Offline Orchidlady

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 03:26:32 PM »
That is so wonderful Brooke! You need to have that picture and note framed!
Donated Left Kidney to Husband 10/30/07
Barnes Jewish Hospital
St. Louis, MO

Offline lawphi

• Top 25 Poster!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 07:18:42 PM »
That child likely would not be here without you!  That's the closest you will ever come to fathering a child.
Bridge Paired Exchange donor on behalf of my husband (re-transplant) at Johns Hopkins.

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved