| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: 6 Month Results  (Read 3841 times)

Offline Jewels

• Top 25 Poster!
6 Month Results
« on: January 26, 2012, 10:30:33 PM »
I am happy to report that my transplant center pro-actively contacted me (long distance) for my 6 month follow-up.  I was hoping they would and that I would not have to follow-up with them.  I can't believe it has already been 6 months and I feel as though I never had surgery.  My scars seem barely visible any more!

I made an appointment to get my labs done and then an appointment with my PCP for an annual physical for next week so we would have the lab results for the appointment.  I just got my results on-line.  My creatinine is 1.12 (.8 pre-donation and 1.2 when I left the hospital.)  I was hoping it would be under 1, but I suppose this may be my new normal.  My GFR calculation is 53, and I was really hoping for that >60.

I wanted to ask some of you that are several years out what your GFR did - was it lower at first and did it get higher later?  Or did it stay about the same?

All my other numbers look great and are in the normal range...YEA! 

Thanks for the feedback!
Julie
Living Kidney Donor, to my adopted sister
July 15, 2011

Offline jstx

• Top 25 Poster!
Re: 6 Month Results
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 07:54:29 AM »
That's awesome!  My 6 month numbers looked good as well.  My creatinine was .94 and I need to look and see what it was before surgery.  I'm curious as to how many other people still had some discomfort 6 months out.  For a while I felt like Julie and couldn't even tell that I'd had major surgery.  But lately I'm having some slight discomfort and "twinges" in my back where they actually removed the kidney and over on the side with my remaining kidney.  Some around my main incision too.  I'm thinking it is all just a continued healing process (maybe nerves healing....) but find it odd that it has come back occasionally after being gone for so long.  Did anyone else have this around the 6 month time frame?  Thanks.
Donated left kidney on 6/6/11 to a recipient I found on LDO
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Baltimore, MD

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved
traditional