| LDO Home | General | Kidney | Liver | Marrow | Experiences | Buddies | Hall of Fame | Calendar | Contact Us |

Author Topic: 3weeks post op  (Read 4402 times)

Offline rdr321

• Top 50 poster!
3weeks post op
« on: September 06, 2011, 04:30:57 PM »
today is 3 weeks since surgery.2 days ago I felt my mind get back to normal. It was very agitated since the surgery then on saturday morning it stopped. My bellly is still a little swollen or I have gained weight. My shorts fit tight still. The insicion does not itch and is almost completly heeled now. I had this weird feeling in my whole body cavity,even up into the lungs, hard to explain, just felt like my insides were jumbled up inside and everything was settling from something missing. It was uncomfortable. That feeling has passed. No pain anywhere. Just get tired easily. I would not want to go back to work this week. Next week I think I would be ready but nothing physical. I mowed my back yard 2 days ago. It is small. I did not injure myself but I got extremely tired from it. I don't think that was doctor approved. If my wife would have been home she would have given me a spanking.
   One thing that I think helped me before the surgery was that I do Iyengar Yoga. It is not the king of yoga you would mostly see in a american yoga studio. It is the same poses but you do one pose at a time and pay attention to what your body is doing in each pose. It is very specific what you do in each pose, what muscles you are moving, what bones you are moving,where you are relaxing and extending. You become very aware of what your body is doing. 2 months before the sugrery my teacher had me doing all the poses even difficult abdominal poses while keeping the abdomen soft. This has allowed me to do all kinds of things in my recovery that I did not worry about getting a hernia. I can stay mindfull of my abdomen staying soft in anything I do.  After being home  from the hospital for 3 days I started doing yoga again, at home. Only fully supported forward bends and a pose called setu bandha. Always seated and never really stretching anything. Just laying in different positions being fully supported by lots of blankets especialy my stomach. I would do this for 2 hours a day. I always feel better after I do this.

Offline Snoopy

• Top 10 Poster!
  • Non-directed donation, Oct., 2011
Re: 3weeks post op
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 01:21:24 PM »
Hi. I'm glad to hear things are improving a bit. Thanks for your detailed descriptions of what to expect--I appreciate them.
   Feel good! Snoopy

Offline shelley

• Top 50 poster!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 03:53:29 PM »
You're about a week ahead of me and it's so good to hear you're feeling better.  It gives me hope!  I can't see mowing the lawn next week, but who knows?

Offline Aries7

• Top 10 Poster!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 08:40:41 PM »
I am glad that you are doing so much better. I too tired easily for a while after my surgery, but that faded in time.

Best Wishes!

Linda
Linda
Donated left kidney to Husband
October 8, 2009 at UW Madison

Copyright © International Association of Living Organ Donors, Inc. All Rights Reserved